Karl B. Kuppler
KARL B. KUPPLER was born in Nuremberg, Germany. After growing up in Quincy, Illinois, he graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in accounting from North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. At North Central, he was president of the Student Association and the North Central Honor Society. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1981, where he was a member and editor of the University of Illinois Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif and a Harno Scholar.
Karl is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois and the United States Tax Court. He was an associate with the large Chicago law firm of Isham, Lincoln & Beale before coming to Peoria in 1985. Karl is a member of the Peoria County, Illinois State and American Bar Associations. He has served as Chairman of the Probate Practice Committee of the Peoria County Bar Association, on the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association and as Vice Chair of the Tax Committee of the ABA's General Practice Section. He is a frequent lecturer on estate planning and tax topics for professional and community groups. He is the author of several publications for the American Bar Association, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the National Business Institute.
Karl and his wife, Cheryl, are the parents of two daughters who are also proud Illini. They are avid Bears and Illini fans, root for the Cubs and Cardinals, play lots of golf and try to see their new granddaughter as often as possible.
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, IL, 1981 J.D., Magna Cum Laude Order of Coif, Harno Scholar, Member and Editor, Law Review, 1979-81.
- North Central College, Naperville, IL, 1978 B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Summa Cum Laude, President, Student Association.
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1981
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
- Buying and Selling Businesses (Tax Chapters Co-Author) 1998, 2001
- Annual Survey of Illinois Law (Tax Chapter Author), Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1989-93
- Estate Planning: A Basic Guide, American Bar Association, 1990
- Estate Planning & Probate in Illinois, National Business Institute, Inc, 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Estate Planning Council of Central Illinois, President - 1989 - 1990
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Peoria County Bar Association, President 2010-2011
- Peoria Symphony Orchestra - President 1991 - 1993
- Opera Illinois - President 1998-2003
- Crittenton Center - President 1993-1995
- Rotary Club of Peoria - President 2004-2005
- Better Banks - Director
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois - President 2006-2008
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois Depository - President 2004-2005
- Heritage Ensemble - President 2005 to date
- Peoria Symphony Foundation - President 2010 to date
- Methodist Medical Center Foundation - President 2011 to date
Areas of Practice
|Estate Tax Always in a State of Flux|
|Trust Advisory Fees Ruling|
|2010 Tax Relief Act|
|Buying or Selling Your Home|