Jeffrey B. Rock
JEFFREY B. ROCK is a founding partner of Hasselberg, Rock, Bell & Kuppler LLP. After receiving his undergraduate degree in 1974 from the University of Illinois with a dual major of psychology and finance, Jeff attended Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. He was awarded his Juris Doctor degree in 1977. In 1977, he returned to his native Central Illinois to practice law.
Since he began practicing law, Jeff has concentrated his practice in litigation. He has conducted trials involving a wide range of subjects, including shareholder disputes, professional contract and practice disputes, construction disputes, personal injury claims and estate claims. Jeff has handled civil litigation in the Circuit Courts, Appellate Courts, and the Supreme Court of Illinois as well as the Federal Courts of Illinois.
Jeff understands the financial and personal costs of litigation. He works to find creative solutions for his clients, if at all possible, before engaging in litigation. His desire to represent clients efficiently led him to complete mediation training in 1996. Since that time, he has acted as a mediator and successfully resolved cases ranging from complex commercial disputes to personal injury claims. His experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants as well as his work as a mediator allows him to objectively evaluate a case and take the most effective path to resolution for his clients.
- Washington University School of Law, St Louis, MO, 1977 J.D.
- University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, 1974 B.A., Major: Psychology/Finance
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois in 1977.
- Admitted to practice before the federal courts in 1978.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court in 2010.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the Illinois Bar Association.
- Member of the Peoria County Bar Association.
- Emeritus Abraham Lincoln Inns of Court.
Designations and Awards
Jeff has been rated an AV lawyer, the highest designation given by the Martindale Hubbell Rating Service.
Jeff has been selected by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the State of Illinois in both commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
He has been designated as one of the top 100 downstate commercial lawyers by the Leading Lawyers Network.
Areas of Practice
|The Illinois Uniform Mediation Act|
|Contesting the Validity of a Will|
|Triage of Defamation Cases|
|Undue Influence and the Transfer of Property|