Julie L. Galassi
JULIE L. GALASSI was born and raised in Decatur, Illinois. She received her Bachelor of Science Degree from Illinois State University in 1982. In 1985, Julie began her studies at Northern Illinois University College of Law, graduating in 1987. While in law school, she was a member of the Northern Illinois University Law Review. After graduating from law school, Julie and her family moved to Peoria, Illinois.
Since she began practicing law, she has focused her practice in general litigation, labor and employment law, and family law. Julie has handled employment cases involving doctors and other medical professionals, teachers and university professors and military personnel. She has extensive knowledge of family law and routinely handles cases involving large estates including marital and non-marital farmland.
Julie’s practice has given her the opportunity to try both jury and bench trials. She appeared before the United States Supreme Court in November 2010 representing an Army Reservist asserting his rights under USERRA. In addition, she has appeared in arbitration and administrative proceedings involving Triple AAA, the National Labor Relations Board, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Social Security Administration, and private arbitrations. Julie is a certified family mediator. In addition, she is a Certified Child Representative in the Ninth and Tenth Judicial Circuits of State of Illinois.
Julie and her husband, Bill, have a son, Tony. She enjoys touring Victorian homes and historic buildings, and non-competitive shooting.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, De Kalb, Illinois, 1987, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - Member of the Northern Illinois University Law Review
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, 1982, B.S., Bachelor of Science, Honors: Cum Laude
Bar and Professional Admissions
- Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court Central, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois, 1988
- U.S. Federal Court, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- Member of the Peoria County Bar Association
- Member of the Illinois Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Emeritus Abraham Lincoln Inns of Court
Designations and Awards
- Julie has been selected by her peers as a Leading Lawyer in the State of Illinois in both employment law and military law.